That is the question.
I often feel the lure of the blogosphere but must admit that i have some degree of technophobia and am not sure how i'll take to this. The thing that bothers me is not having something to say so much as being able to say it with the requisite style associated with the Blogs my wife is always looking at. (BTW, we'll call her Petite.) I confess, i have neither the creativity nor the time to be so dazzling. Apologies in advance; i won't be offended a bit if you go right to the "Next Blog" button.
But here's the thing: i'm so delighted to see Petite's posted musings and the interactions of friends on their blogs that i feel an almost magnetic pull to join in.
So, i've now gone so far as to have set up a Blog. We'll see if this is just a goofy phase.
Perhaps i'll post again... for now, thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Man, aren't you a little on the old side to be blogging?!? :)
Okay -- so it looks like we have one vote for "Not to Blog". ;)
True, the Internet was something novel when it first rolled out on campus my Senior year in college.
True, I was reluctant to join Facebook a few weeks ago and feel a little like a fish-out-of-water with cyber-networking.
True, I come from a time and a place that makes web pages the old fashioned way: we hard-code them in HTML.
BUT... if THIS GENTLEMAN can have over 96,000 hits on his blog, I think it's fair to think I may still have an entry or two in me at my moderately advanced and ever-increasing age.
(Oh, look... we even picked the same template... but he did it better.)
Okay, True... he makes me look bad.
Conclusion: age is no excuse; I need a cooler blog.
February 19, 2007 12:15 PM
hey! welcome to blogger and more internet social stuff! nice to see you on here. and i'll have you know that poetic or "dazzling" you need not be, but a wonderful command of the language and vocabulary, combined with wit, you have already demonstrated - and i love reading it. so it might actually help that you're old. *snicker, snicker* go mari bebete!
yay!! welcome, welcome, welcome. i can't wait to see what you have to say that petite doesn't think of. (she is a great talker... we all know that!)
and by the way, you are so not tooo old!
just enjoy it, and as for not having anything to say... that is just the way the cookie crumbles some days. who said you have to post daily!??!
much love, sparrow
And there's nothing wrong with hard-coding HTML--if given the choice, I still want to do it that way. The code is so much more efficient and smooth that way...maybe that means *I'm* getting old. :)
Hey! I resent that comment about being a "talker"...I think.
Yes, Mari, you are quite witty! Love you!
lol.... Welcome to the blogging world! ...full of fun... and random awesome ranting.. ;)
Post a Comment